Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Library Services - I've been booked

edited March 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi folks.
    When Pets in Prospect first came out I contacted the local library. It seems their Service Development Department has been networking over the past two months. As a result I've now been asked to speak at Porlock and Frome Literary Festivals.  Brochures with book details and pic will be printed. Then yesterday I was phoned by Somerset Library Services to ask if I could speak at four other venues in Somerset and South Gloucestershire through the summer and autumn. Each one will get publicised in the local press. I just hope I can live up to expectations otherwise there's going to be a lot of disappointed folk out there - assuming that people will turn up for these events.
    I mention all of this to illustrate the value of contacting as many people as possible re your work as you never know where it might lead.
    And that initial phone call of mine?  It was to tentatively ask whether the local library might consider stocking a copy of Pets in Prospect.
  • There you go.  As you say, it's got to be worth making as many enquiries as possible.  You reap what you sow in this marketing game.
  • Best of luck with the talks. Although I'm not able to do any myself, some libraries did purchase my books, and I've receiving PLR.
  • Good news Malcolm. Then you can round off all that with the cruise event.
  • You are on a roll MW!
  • As it pitch and roll?
  • MW, I think you're barking up the right tree!
  • Yew bet..but mustn't rest on my laurels. Sorry wrong thread......
  • Oa kome on, MW. Maple you ought to go to the beech.