Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The Lady magazine - I'm in it.

edited March 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi folks.
    Just to say this week's The Lady magazine 6-12th March - a Pets' Special edition -  has a two page feature about my life as a vet with pic of me getting inspiration at my computer (oh yeh?). Also to my surprise they've put in a feature I wrote about llamas 'Darling Clementine'. The pic used there is one of mine - our baby llama gazing up at mum. Very sweet. That was a case of the pic selling the feature as is so often the case with articles.
  • woot MW! Does this mean that you’re an honorary lady? (only joking)
  • Will look out for it when I go shopping, well done.
  • Excellent MW, well done! I shall make a point of looking out for and buying a copy of The Lady in your honour!
  • Well done!
  • Incidentally, where can we buy The Lady? Is it generally available in WHSmith and the like? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it, although I’ve heard about it of course. Think my gran used to get it years and years ago.
  • Yes you can get it in WH Smiths, but I don't think they stock as many copies as other Women's mags. So buy early in the week. I suppose it just depends on local sales to how many they stock.
    I've certainly seen it in local newsagents as well, so hopefully you won't have trouble finding it.
  • well done!  The Lady!  Now that's class!
  • Well done, I'll look out for it.
  • I'm at a lass as to what to say, MW. You've certainly maid your mark and are virgin on stardom. Witch page of the Lady is it on?
  • I've seen your stuff in The Lady - well done, it's just great. 
  • Well done! I will get it tomorrow.
  • Hurrah.  Gadzooks and all that.  Lovely thing that your article was about your llama!  I tend to think of vets dealing with dogs, cats and those little scurrying things like hamsters and guinea-pigs.

My son, Rupert, calls his clubnight Llamarama after his visit to Peru last year!  And he brought me a llama hair cushion back.  It's softer than cashmere and ten times as long.  Gorgeous creatures from what I see in the photos (his host's daughter worked at a llama farm and took him up there for a day to work with them).

Awwwwwww....  Will buy The Lady on principle now.
  • Well done MW.
  • Thanks for the good wishes and thanks esp to Betsie as it seems you've read it. The interviewer put together a very personalised piece with plenty of dialogue. What was really nice was that she bothered to e-mail it to me before sending off to 'The Lady' to give me the chance to make any corrections. And there were a few alterations I asked her to make which she did over the phone as I went through it with her. I thought that very considerate. I've had eight newspaper features and not one of those other journalists has ever bothered.
  • I've just bought the magazine and enjoyed reading both your interview and the llama article.  Well done!  Will try to read the book on holiday - never seem to have much time for reading at the moment.                     
  • Well done MW, now we can say 'I knew him when.....!'
  • Read it now ... and well done!  Yes, the picture was great but so was the writing.  Don't denigrate your work.
  • Bought my copy of The Lady this morning.Had a quick peek, but not had time to read it yet.
  • MW - what does it feel like to have a fan club?
  • Well done, MW.
  • Just read the article, well done nice photos too, you certainly had an interesting upbringing.
    Did your African Grey parrot say much?
    I love the children's book Harry's Mad by Dick King Smith about an African Grey it's very funny.
    Good luck with your book.