Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My Book Launch

edited January 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• People, I’m doing my book launch event tomorrow. Going to travel to London (3 hours on bus) and staying with a friend for a couple of days, then coming back on Saturday. My friend has internet access so hopefully I’ll have a bit of a chance on Friday to log in and let you know how it went (the speech, reading, signing and whether I throw up from stage fright).

It should be available on Amazon once it’s on the shelves everywhere else. I’ll let you know when because I can tell you’re all dying to purchase, lol. At the moment it’s available for pre-order from WHSmith and the publisher’s website. You can see my own website for details: http://www.josiehenley.net/seven_days.html
  • Good luck Josie, hope it's a raging (in a very good way)success.Enjoy it.
  • Good luck Josie, too far for me to come but hope it all goes really well!!!
  • Best of luck!
  • Best of luck, Josie!  I hope it goes very well and you sign away a lot of books.

• I'm back! (not back home but at least back online) it went really well and I've generated some interest in my novel as well. wooo wooo. The signing was fun. i got a friend to take some photos of me doing that so I can upload to my website and feel like a star. People were coming up to me afterwards saying they loved my speech! My head is so swollen I've had to stay in bed this morning. mwa.
  • I'm glad it all went so well. Well done you. I'm sorry I didn't get to come along, but the timing wasn't right this time for me. Next time might be difference.
  • The most important bit is, how many books did you sign?
  • wasn't counting how many books I signed, but probably in the region of 15-20. Important thing for me was meeting all these people - there was an agent there and she took my email address, so fingers crossed!

I'm recovering from a cold now, pushed myself a bit too much I think, now I'm exhausted. Anyway it was worth the effort. Thanks for everyone's congratulations.
  • WOW Josie! Great news! Did you throw up??
  • I hope all went well, Rosie. A great incentive to the rest of us to pull our fingers out, not literally if you follow what I mean. Now you can go to all those places that you longed to go but did not have the dosh to do so - all in the name of research of course for your next book
  • Didn't quite know where to put this, but you've got a 5-star rating on Amazon UK, and the book's on Amazon.com. Just in case you didn't know ...
  • http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_8/202-7192290-1406252?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A1025612%2Cn%3A62%2Cn%3A275116%2Cn%3A590824

And you're at number 5 on an Amazon UK chart.
  • Wow, thanks Jay, didn’t know that. I’m going to do more book signings (singings?) soon so will post details.
  • Good news Josie.
  • Congratulations Josie!
  • Well done, Josie.  It must be a wonderful feeling.
  • Thanks for all the congrats. It is indeed a wonderful feeling, but also rather strange. I keep thinking there must be a catch. You know, you hear so many stories about vanity press rip-offs merchants. But this is a bone fide small press who’ve given me a proper contract and never asked me for any money. In fact, they’re paying my expenses to go to the event in Dorset, so they’re brill in my book. I’m going to wake up and find out it’s all a dream…
  • JH Hope the signing in Huckleberry's in Blandford Forum on Friday goes well. Sounds as if it could be a lively evening. The owner Laura Ellerton seems a very dynamic lady.  I've asked her to say 'Hi' to you on my behalf as I don't think I can get over there.  Mention P in P if you get the chance.  Thanks.