Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short story written in a day wins competition

Comments

• My publisher has a monthly short story challenge. In February, they change the deadline from mid-month to the beginning of the month, which I happened to discover on the day.

My resulting rush job, called Small Price to Pay, won the competition and is now published by www.echelonpress.com. It's indeed a small price to pay for all that stress.
  • Congratulations, and welcome to Talkback.
  • Welcome and well done.
  • Congratulations, Yvonne.  It's amazing what can be produced when a deadline looms.
  • Welcome to talkback and congratulations Yvonne. Maybe you should enter more competitions in the same way. It might be the stimulus for a great winning streak.
  • congrats, I've had a look at the site and it looks interesting. I've done a survey and they gave me a free e-book, so we'll see whether it's my kind of thing.
  • Thank you to all of you. If you'd like to read the story without paying, I'd be happy to send you a review copy in exchange for a 1 line of review. How does that sound?
  • Welcome and well done.
  • Well done Yvonne, glad you've joined us.
  • Many congratulations Yvonne.