Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Lawrence and Greek Tragedy

edited February 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I don't know if this counts as a writing success or not - but I've just heard that I have passed my MPhil degree.   My thesis is on 'D.H. Lawrence and Greek Tragedy' and Nottingham University Hallward Library will now have a copy, if anybody ever wants to read it.   Yippee!
  • That's wonderful! Well done, you must be thrilled to bits!
  • Congratulations!
  • Well done! (I was a bit puzzled at first, as I was thinking about the Arabian one!)
  • Very well done. Your work will definitely be read.
  • Thank you all for your kind words.  I can now make a start on my writing course!  (DHL never went to the Middle East, Jay, but, if he had, I think he would have probably tried camel-riding!)
  • Fantastic!  Congratulations, Megrose!
  • Oh really well done! What a fantastic achievement! Have you celebrated?
  • Jay, have to admit that I thought of T.E rather than D.H. first.
  • Great minds ... When I went to Tunisia donkeys' years ago, I got a free ride on a camel because I was able to speak the language. French, that is, not camel.
  • No celebration as such, Monkeynuts, but my supervisor is going to take me out to lunch somewhere nice.  Sorry about the confusion - having worked on this thesis for the past few years, in my mind there is only one Lawrence! 
  • Brilliant, Megrose. Congratulations.

I hope the stories you submit to women's magazines don't rely too heavily on D.H. Lawrence or, heaven forbid, the Greek tragedies.

Neither are exactly People's Friend material!!
  • Congratulations Megrose!
  • Many congratulations - that's great news.
  • This is a big success showing determination, dedication and talent. Congratulations