Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Computer problem

edited January 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Now this may not be in the right place, but here goes.
    I was logging in to the Which website but it would not accept my password. I even checked my confirming password e-mail from last year, and I was putting it in correctly in the right case.
    Their help info suggested clearing temporary files, and if needed select automatic log in in the Internet Options Tools- couldn't find that bit there, so it must be somewhere else, I'll have to look again.
    Can anyone suggest what else I can do to resolve this.
  • can you click to say forgotten password, just a thought but maybe some bored hacker changed it for the fun of it??  Just a thought.
  • I've done that but I think my e-mail server is on a go slow, as it hasn't arrived yet.
    Once it arrives I can check that that hasn't happened.
    I haven't been into the site since they had a revamp and changed their domain name late last year.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Sometimes when a site does a revamp they lose accounts. Try emailing them explaining the problem. If that doesn't succeed then try creating a new account.

Asimov
  • Thanks Asimov, I'll do that. I know e-mails are arriving in my inbox as I received two this morning, but not the Password reminder, so that may be the problem. Thanks.
  • I e-mailed as Asimov suggested and it turns out that I'd put them in wrong now(the way I'd always done before), but now they are the other way round, so what was the password is now the user name, and vice versa.
    Thanks for all your help.
  • If it is a hacker, Carolk it shows that the system of user name and passwords is not secure which is why I would not bank online if anyone paid me to be honest.  Why don't some of these hackers get a life instead of causing problems for other people
  • I haven't had any problem since. I e-mailed Which and it was purely a case of them swiching things around between the last time I used it (pre-change of) and then (Jan).
    With the right info I was able to access it.
    But obviously any system is only as good as the software/security measures.
    The phissing filter that you can select with Internet Explorer 7 is probably a useful tool.
    But I prefer traditional banking.