Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Scotland Here I Come!.

edited February 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I know that this isn't strictly a writing success, but I just had to tell someone!.

I have just been accepted to study Scottish Literature at Stirling University in September!.

Six months to go!.
  • Congratulations! That's really something to look forward to!!!
  • Congratulations Stirling, start the planning now.
  • Well done you!  I'm envious, as I ADORE Scotland, as many people know.

Enjoy it.  I know you will.
  • Let us know how you're going Stirling, this is great news!
  • Exciting news!
    Now can I ask a stupid question? Is your real name Stirling or did you give yourself the nickname with this Scottish University venture in mind? If so, the positive thinking paid off, didn't it! (Not discounting the hard work, of couse)
  • Thanks everyone!.

Stirling is just a nickname.  I don't like using my real name online, but here is safe I think.  My real name is Feona Bowey.  I chose the name Stirling because ever since I visited the place four years ago I fell in love with the town.

I can't believe that I'm actually moving there in September!.
  • Just goes to show you how wrong impressions can be. Because of the Log In name, I've always thought you were a male, Stirling. Has a masculine ring to it. Sorry. But good luck in Stirling.
  • Good luck Stirling (although your real name sounds Scottish enough.)  My son went to that University and really enjoyed his time there.  I think it is in a beautiful setting too.

He often visited Edinburgh for his social life, fell in love with that city and has been there ever since.

best wishes with your studies.
  • Well done Stirling, that's great news. 

P.S. I thought you were male too!
  • Well done, Stirling. I also thought you were a male. Wot a silly bunch we are!
  • Never thought about that.  Give me a good laugh though!.

Talking about the positive thinking thing though. When I applied I always said 'when' I'm accepted and banned myself from saying 'if' I'm accepted.  Maybe there is a lesson to be learned towards my writing career here.  Not if, when.
  • Brilliant news, Stirling - very many congratulations, you bright spark! 

You are also a lucky so-and-so as Stirling has to have one of the most beautiful settings for a University.  In 1983, I went on my first Open University summer school to Stirling and could have stayed forever...  Beautiful scenery and a lake as I recall.  I hope I'm not romanticising it. 

Enjoy, sweetie... TTx
  • Congratulations Sirling, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.  Have you been to 'Tai Chi Caledonia', which is being held at Stirling University at the end of June this year?  I haven't been myself, but members of my tai chi group tell me it's a fantastic week.