Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

help

edited February 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• could someone help me please. I was in the middle of writing my manuscript when my mind just went blank. I don't know why my mind blocked. It is very frustrating. Could anyone help and give me advice on how they over come writer's block.
  • What about going back over what you've already written to help your mind pick it up again?
  • Put the whole project aside for a few days/week. Channel your thoughts on entirely different activities.
    You'll come back refreshed, rather similar to a holiday from employment.
  • Thank you kangeroo and jan for your advice i will try them. i let you know what happens. Thank you again.
  • It's stressful isn't it? Blasted writer's block! Grrr. I've actually taken to denying it exists. Nope, no writer's block. I'm not going to suffer with it because it can't harm me! (Ha-ha, extremely immature but hey, it works!)
  • Baroque music is supposed to encourage creative thinking!
  • Stream of consciousness? Assuming you can think of something!
  • I'm going to write one of my monologues now.  Look, this happens like sh*t happens.  What I did was leave it, went away. 
    Now the thing with that was that it was hard to go back to original book when I'd got over the "hump" as it were.  By chapter 8 the writing had got flat, because of depression, so when I looked back at it, I was not interested in writing the wretched thing (however: I'd still like the story to be told - maybe one day.)
    Have a break, leave it, go and do mad things, shake yourself about, etc, etc.
    I'm now working on 2nd draft of novel and it's fun, agony, pain, and like a flight of birds all in one go.
    Just a thought :O)