Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Mixed emotions...

edited January 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Following on from the Write Next Door workshops run by Spread the Word last November/December, I've been invited to read one of the pieces I produced at the Showcase on Jan 24th!

But, whilst this does represent another success for me, I've got mixed emotions due to the whole thing with Spread the Word/Mslexia (see thread on Writer's World).

I've e-mailed Spread the Word with my complaints, and am waiting for a response, but the whole thing has jaded what should be an exciting time.

But, hey, I've signed up now, so fingers crossed and lets see how it goes. It should be a good evening. Just hope they don't read my complaint and then kick me off the bill!!!

They're doing an Anthology as well, and I've got pieces for submission for that as well. Should hear in Feb.
  • Well done. Another thing for your CV.
  • Yeah, go for it, Gary - and congratulations. 

As you know already, Spread the Word run some excellent events and are a good resource and it would be a shame to miss out because of the Mslexia thing.
  • Good news Gary.
  • I hope it goes well Gary!
  • Act Positively GaryKruse.

Perhaps you could use your success to illustrate compatability between the sexes.
  • One thing I forgot to mention. The theatre is the Broadway Theatre Barking.

So now I can mention on the CV that I've played on Broadway...
  • Don't know why I ever had mixed emotions because the showcase last night was excellent (see MY NIGHT ON BROADWAY thread). Overall STW are a v. good organisation from what I've seen, and again I'd highly recommend any London based writer to check out their workshops/courses etc...
  • Wow, congrats on the achievement Gary! And good luck!