Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Pets in Prospect

edited January 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I thought I'd start a new thread as the one posted by the author of this book, MWelshman, about jacket design, is getting a bit full.  Well I ordered the book and it came.  As I said, the jacket is pleasant and I'd assumed the book would be a veterinary version of 'Miss Read's' school stories, rather sweet and whimsical.  Well, actually, it's not.  It's very fast-paced and quite whacky in parts, very witty and absolutely peppered with puns which seem to be Welshman's trademark.  It's nice to read something by someone I've had contact with, albeit it through a message board.  I'll have to bring my copy to Winchester with me for you to sign!  My favourite chapter, if anyone's interested, is the one about the Christmas goose and the reason?  Because it goes into more depth about the main character's relationship with his girlfriend.  I know others of you have read it as well.  What do you think?
  • I ordered my copy along with some other books that take a few weeks to arrive, so unless Amazon send them separately it's going to take a while before I can give feedback, sorry. I'm looking forward to it since reading this post!