Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Another one bites the dust...

edited January 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hello everyone,
    I feel blessed today, the Gods are smiling on me.
    No sooner than I get one accepted, another one comes along, just like a bus!

I have just had another feature article accepted!
    It's one I had published a couple years ago and decided to re-write, only about 10% of the original text remains and even that has been changed significantly, so essentially, although still on the same theme, it is a completely new article. I submitted it to an editor who has only just accepted another piece of mine and once her deadline for printing that was out of the way she wasted no time in snapping up this one as well and making a handsome offer my few hours of work.

I really enjoyed doing it the second time round, the extra research in different areas of the subject was really fascinating. (Article about the power of the moon). Hurrah!
  • recycling old work is good - things change over time and it's always a good idea to do 'updates' when it comes to non-fic. I wonder if the same works for novels? lol, how many authors do I know who churn out the same novel over and over with a change of name and slight change of settings.
  • Think you're right there, Josie, popular authors can get a bit 'samey' after a while...
  • Well done, Moira. It's always good to revisit old stories and articles and see how you'd do them differently. And it's obviously lucrative in your case!
  • Well done!
  • Glad it worked. Anothetr credit to your CV.Well done.
  • Congratulations.
  • Good-o.
  • Congratulations :)