Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Congrats Helen

edited January 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I heard on the grapevine you won the 'Email' story in Feb's issue. Congratulations. I haven't received my copies of WN/WM yet but can't wait to read your entry. You're doing really well. Shortlisted - was it Nov or Dec? - and now a win. Well done.
  • Well done!
  • Thanks a lot, Island Girl - I haven't logged on for awhile so I hadn't seen your message. It's very thoughtful of you to start a thread to congratulate me. Hope you enjoy reading it! :o)
  • The story was really good, Helen.
  • Got my issues today and read your email story for myself. I loved it. Is it because I'm getting old and emotional or was it really a tear-jerker?  I found myself having to keep wiping away tears in case the kids came in and started ridiculing me for being soppy. Very nicely done, my love. Keep up the good work.
  • Hi Stan2 - I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

Hi Island Girl - Really? It had that effect on you? Can't believe it! I'm really pleased you enjoyed reading it. I did feel for Ruby when I was writing it.
  • Hi Helen
    I was also moved by your story and thought it was great. Was flicking through the mag last night and nearly didn't read it, but the fact you are from Countesthorpe caught my eye. I used to live in Cosby many moons ago.
    Well done!
    Nibs
  • Great story, Helen.  Well done.  Look forward to saying hello to you in person 'up north'!
  • Well done, Helen. I enjoyed the story too, but didn't realise it belonged to a Talkback member. Congratulations!
  • Thanks everyone!

Nibs - oh, did you ever go to Countesthorpe College? I was there 1987-1992.

Lily - yes, looking forward to meeting you too. It should be a really good day.

SallyQ - thanks a lot, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • Helen, I think my comment's under 'Who's in February's magazines'.
  • Hi Jay, I have just gone onto that thread and have replied. :o)
  • Hi Helen, I didn't go to Countesthorpe college but went to Lutterworth Grammar School instead (I'm a bit older than you and left in 1987). Went to Thomas Estley College though - assume you did too?
    Nibs
    x
  • Hi Nibs,

No, I went to Leysland High School then to Countesthorpe College. I did both GCSEs and A-Levels at Countesthorpe College, and also stayed on another year - that's why I was there for all that time (87-92). :o)
    I didn't think I'd still be in Countesthorpe but ended up buying a house there after moving to Leeds for 2 years. I may be moving nearer to London next time though as my fiance works there.
    Do you have family in Leicester?