Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Harrogate - here I come!

edited December 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Got home from work to find a letter telling me I am the winner of this year's WM summer ghost story comp.  Am still feeling quite sick with shock.  What a Christmas present!
  • Congratulations Lily, what a wonderful Christmas present.
  • Well done, many congratulations. Happy Christmas
  • Yip-eeeeee!  (Hope you're not sick all over that much-treasured letter)
  • Congratulations from me, Jay Mandal - despite anything you may see to the contrary!
  • Congratulations,Lily. I'll see you there.
  • Fantastic Lily, well done!
  • Well done Lily!
  • That's terrific Lil. What a pressie!!
  • Congratulations.  What an achievement.
  • Thanks all.  The news still hasn't really sunk in, especially as I thought this story hadn't a hope in hell of winning.  I hoped I might make the shortlist if I was very, very lucky, but am totally flummoxed to get any further than that. 

Look forward to meeting you Butterfly!
    Happy Christmas everyone.
  • WELL DONE THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!
  • That's fantastic news for you. I'll bet you're over the moon. Good on you.
  • Wonderful news, Lily. What a lovely ending to the year in which you gave up the horrible job that was stressing you out! I bet you have no regrets at all about that momentous decision. This competition win seems like an omen for a very successful future. Good luck to you.
  • Great news Lily!
  • Well done Lily
  • Congratulations Lily.
  • Congratulations - that should spur you on to further successes
  • Phone call from Richard Bell of WM/WN.  Expected him to say there'd been a terrible mistake and I wasn't the winner after all.  But no.  He requested a photo and a Word copy.  Guess it must be real then.  Sorry Richard, if you're reading this.  I was a little burbly on the phone.  It's just that I want to be published so, so much, and when it happens it's fantastic - but also rather scary.  People get to see thoughts and ideas which were once private.  Oh, my.  Maybe I'll take up crochet instead of writing. 
  • Morning Lily,

Are you trying to frighten folk off the idea of entering competitions? You make winning sound quite unsettling.

Now you have heard confirmation from the voice of authority it is time to take deep breaths and shout your news far and wide...........
    That done you'll have time to knuckle down and write more winning compositions.
    Where is your next target to be?
  • Congratulations Lily - I'll see you there too!!
  • I didn't see this thread before, so a belated well done!  ENJOY, Lily!