Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

He shoots, He scores!!!!!!

edited January 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Which is more than can be said for my beloved West Ham, but hey, I digress.

Yes, two days into y2k+7 and I have just recieved a lovely e-mail from Kate Nicholson telling me that the review I submitted to Writing Mag's Readers Review section will be featured as Editors' Choice in the March Magazine!!!

This is my second publication,(both reviews) and the £25 book token marks the first time I've got anything for being published!!! WAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!

Right I'm off to polish me footey boots and offer my services for trial with West Ham. Yeah, I'm useless but I'm probably better than the donuts who are playing at the minute...
  • Well done, Gary. Don't trip over your laces!!
  • Congrats. How exciting. I look forward to reading your review.
  • Well done Gary.  Are we allowed to know what book you reviewed?  I think you should use that book token for something really special to mark your first earnings from writing.
  • Congratulations. Tell us which book it is, so we can rush to read the review when the mag is out.
  • That's great news - well done
  • Look on the bright side Gary, the six goals were enjoyable to watch ,,,well maybe not for you
  • Gary - I'm trying to resist making a comment about the result of that match!
  • Well done, Gary!
  • Well done you. Keep up the good work.
  • Brilliant!
  • Congratulations Gary!
  • Well done Gary.  Good start to the new year.  Hope it continues that way.
  • Congratulations Gary...oh and if the West Ham thing doesnt work out Forest could probably use you (at the moment I think they could use anyone who can tell their left from right and isnt colourblind)
  • Well done! Hmmm ... it seems that reading pays more than writing, in a way.
  • Brilliant, Gary!  Good for you!
  • Neph, you are so right about Forest, 5-0, enough said.
  • Shh Carol I'm trying to forget!!
  • Well done, Gary!!
  • You've scored a goal Gary! Well done! I use to live near the West Ham ground at Upton Park though i never went to see them play.
  • Thanks for all the kind messages.

The book reviewed was Legend by David Gemmell.

I've recieved (and spent!) the voucher already!!!

And as for West Ham, Curbishley laughed me out of the ground...said I would just humiliate the rest of the team because I'm so good. I did try Chelski, but Jose said the same thing...(oh the delusions of grandeur I live by).