Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Complete

edited December 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I just finished writing my novel and I just had to say something because it is the first one I've completely finished. I'm very happy right now!!!!
  • Well done! What's your next step?
  • Congratulations on finishing your first draft of your novel,(is it the first draft?) now is the time to relax, then go back and do the first lot of full edits. It sounds scary, but is quite good fun. Tightening the little bits that don't shine as brightly as the rest. Nows the time to let your novel shine.
  • What a monumental achievement! Congrats from me. What a great feeling it must be - I've never been that far advanced so I doff my hat (if I wore one) to you.
  • Thanks so much everyone!
    Yes, it's a first draft, so there's still a long way to go, but I'm just glad I've got the first draft done. Now onto the second...
  • Well done from me, too.  That's a wonderful achievement.  Lots of people think they can do but don't - you have!
  • Congratulations on the achievement. Don't forget to give it a break before you look at it again.
  • Very well done!! I'm in the serious revision process at the moment, and it is hurting and causing a fair few tears!
  • Brilliant!
  • Well done!