Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Pick Me Up (magazine)

edited December 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• How about this for a lucky break, folks!  I was sauntering through a shopping precinct in Leeds, saw an abandoned magazine with the title 'Pick Me Up' lying on a bench and obeyed.  I read it on the bus home, realised that I had a little anecdote that seemed just right for it, emailed it as soon as I got back and had a phone call yesterday to say it's going to be in.  Not great literature, I know, but £25 quid towards my place at Swanwick next August.
  • Well done for seizing the moment.
  • Must have been fate, and your skill. Congratulations.
  • Congratulations! By the way, that's the meaning of the Italian dessert tiramisu.
  • Make hay while the sun shines - well done
  • Well done!
  • That reminded me of the competition WN ran a while ago about when someone picks up a paper or magazine and reads something that changes their life.  You can't ignore the fact that a message was definitely being sent to you. WOW! Good on you.
  • Well done Montholon, but I don't think that this was a "lucky" break. I think it shows that you are totally tuned in to your writing,  able to spot an opportunity, enthusiastic, determined - and obviously talented. I wish you every future success.
  • Thanks, everyone.  I hope that 2007 will be a successful year for all of us.
  • Well done!
  • Congratulations!