Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Not completed yet, but still have a lot to add!!!!

edited October 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• It has been a long time since I was last in contact with Talkback.
    I have actually been too busy writing a story that I aimed to either be a short story, novella or novel.  So far, I have managed to reach 25,000 words - the most amount I have ever written for a story.  I still have a long way to go to complete a novella or novel but still I am full of good ideas to add to the story.
    I am the happiest I have ever been with my work of writing!  I thought I would just share my pleasure with you all!
    Alana
  • I have checked the word count of novels I have really enjoyd and the average seems to be about 80,000 words. I am up to 35,000. now should I go back an see if any part neds expanding or cutting yet or should I wait till he finis and do it then?
  • Alana - Well done!
    Crazy Horse - I'd be tempted to keep going until I'd 'finished' before doing any editing.
  • Well done Alana! Good to hear from you!
  • Don't edit til you're done. All the time that excitement is driving the story on, use it to get to the end.

Good luck.
  • Glad you've popped in and updated us all on how your writings going. Keep at it.
  • Alana, there is nothing like the buzz of excitement in a project that gives you that zing when you get up and something to look forward to. It gives meaning to life and wanting to live. Keep up the good work and updating us. I have a few projects of my own although I think I may have to resort to snail mail with regard to the literary agent, Julian Friedmann who deals with the film side of books as I have recently received a lovely letter from Barbara Erskine, offering to write the screenplay for the House of Echoes which I read a few years ago. With regard to music, I thought the ideal piece would be either Melody in the Wind by Nigel Kennedy or Urge to Go - just haunting enough to create atmosphere, perhaps both, the first being for incidental music. I am also involved in a novel as well to name but many projects. Makes one want to get up for what is a job of work apart from the fact I am away two days a week with the River Stour Trust. Ah yes, there is plenty of material there
  • I thought I would just update that I have managed to reach the total of 40,000 words.  I am now working on the opening of the 19th Chapter.
    I can't believe that my story is still running.  I just hope I can write at least another 40,000 words.
    Alana
  • Hiya Alana, how long have you been writing and have you had anything published as yet?
  • I have enjoyed writing since I was a young kid but I never committed myself to the subject until around 10 years ago.  I have posted a few short stories to magazines and a children's book to a publisher but none of them have been successful.
    So I am now working on that novel to prove to myself that I can write a full one.
    No matter how long it takes to be published I am determined to never give up.  I have to just keep trying.
    Alana
    Alana