Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Xinran

edited October 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi all,

I met Xinran, yesterday, a pre-arranged meeting (as she's so busy).  I'm very happy to say I have her backing for my China writing project, and she'll do what she can to help me!  She is such a lovely person, it's incredible, and I shall be keeping in touch with her (as she requested just before we parted).

Can't say it all here, as it really is quite a long story and I'm on dial-up, but suffice to say, it really gave my writing confidence a big boost.  She recommends I go to China as soon as I can, preferably before the book is finished, so that I can really describe the atmosphere properly.

I recommend everyone to read her books, as she is a truly beautiful, kind, generous lady.  I'm honoured that she gave me some of her precious time.
  • So, is this a subtle au revoir for a few months?

That is the sort of encouragement that boosts the moral, congratulations on achieving the meeting, good luck with accomplishing your intention.
  • Thanks Jan,

Not 'au revoir' so much as 'bear with me until we get somewhere to live and get back on broadband'!
  • TP - It's good to hear that things are progressing so well!
  • If you go here http://www.motherbridge.org/Media/Default.asp
    I have a couple more articles up, added yesterday.
  • Well done TP.
  • Well done. I'll look later I have one of my boys hassling for computer time.
  • 13th August 2009

Xinran is appearing at the Cheltenham Literature Festival on Saturday 17th October 2009.
  • Good news, TP.
  • Megrose, TP no longer comes onto the board. She left during the last hiatus we had and says she has no intention of coming back. That is something we have to work at avoiding in future. I hate losing people I care about.