Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The Tenth Circle

edited December 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• This book by Jodi Picoult is a fantastic read!! 10/10 in every single aspect. As many reviews have stated, she is a perfectionist concerning her research. I could not put this book down, and....AND there aren't many books that can make me shed tears, and I mean proper tears as in needed a toilet roll by my side while I was reading, but this one did, and she achieved that in only a few sentences.
  • Wow, powerful stuff! What type of novel is it?
  • Come on MM, tell us!
  • A book where Dad tries to play God. Deceit, lies, jelously, rape, death, love, family relationships, past childhood experiences...etc...

Read this synopsis from http://www.jodipicoult.com/the-tenth-circle.html

When Daniel Stone was a child, he was the only white boy in a native Eskimo village where his mother taught, and he was teased mercilessly because he was different. He fought back, the baddest of the bad kids: stealing, drinking, robbing and cheating his way out of the Alaskan bush – where he honed his artistic talent, fell in love with a girl and got her pregnant. To become part of a family, he reinvented himself – jettisoning all that anger to become a docile, devoted husband and father. Fifteen years later, when we meet Daniel again, he is a comic book artist. His wife teaches Dante’s Inferno at a local college; his daughter, Trixie, is the light of his life – and a girl who only knows her father as the even-tempered, mild-mannered man he has been her whole life. Until, that is, she is date raped…and Daniel finds himself struggling, again, with a powerlessness and a rage that may not just swallow him whole, but destroy his family and his future.

Go on, go get a copy!
  • Ooh! It does sound good.