Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

50 words and a cup of coffee

edited December 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I've just had a 50 word story, The Postcard, accepted by Le Meridian hotels. They say that their coffee has 50 beans in every cup, and they've started an initiative to put 50 word stories with every cup of coffee in their hotels all over the world. The story is also going on their website.

If anyone is interested in having a go you can submit your stories at www.fiftybeans.com (stories must be exactly 50 words, not counting the title).
  • Well done, SallyQ! It sounds like an interesting challenge!
  • Congratulations. It's not easy to write exactly 50 words to a specific topic.
  • well done Sally.
  • 50 words- you're a genius to be able to sum a story up in that few words. Congratulations.
  • Congratulations!
  • That sounds like fun, I think I've got something!
  • I think this is a great idea and one I'll have to take a look at.
  • That's great news, Sally, well done!
  • Thanks everyone and good luck to everyone who has a go! I sent two more yesterday so fingers crossed they like them too. If not, Woman's Weekly accept 50 word fictions and pay £20 for them. I had one published in their mag a month or so ago.