Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Released At Last

edited December 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hello!

I have just taken delivery of my book, in print at last!
    The Witching Path, £10.95, ISBN:1861632754, www.capallbann.co.uk.
    It's a non-fiction book on Wicca, very practical and down to earth, very much a 'how-to' rather than a bogged-down-in-theory guide to modern witchcraft.

It's been a long wait, but the publishers have done a grand job and the book is lovley, it looks brilliant, nice glossy cover, good cover. Very pleased indeed.
  • Congratulations! Is there a witching magazine you can advertise in?
  • That is fantastic. I think I shall be getting a copy...(:
  • I've seen the write up they gave it - it sounds fascinating.
  • Many congratulations - wonderful news
  • How exciting Moira. Congratulations.  It sounds a very interesting book.
  • Wonderful news Moira, just in time for Christmas.
    Now for publicising it and increasing sales.
  • Congratulations on your achievement.
  • You sound delighted and so you should be. Well done, wallow in it!
  • Congratulations Moira!
  • Update - went to give a talk about the book to a local group last night. It went really well, I have sold half the copies I bought in and have the remaining copies going out this week by mail to various recipients. It was odd having to sign a book for people I didn't know - what on earth would I write? I did manage to put a coherent sentence or two together, though, and everyone was very nice to me.
    I spent all day Friday phoning new-age shops and major book retailers locally - all of whom (bar one who has no autonomy on what they get in) have been enthusiastic and keen to stock the book and organise signings. Mainly Waterstones, a couple of WHSmiths and some local new-age places plus (this is really cool for anyone who knows of them) Mysteries and Atlantis in London! Also getting reviews in lots of national magazines.
    Blimey!
    Oh, and I just heard that a friend of mine has a contract to publish a book next year so I'm really pleased for her too.
    Thank you for your messages of support,
    See you all soon,
    Moira.
  • That's fantastic, Moira!  Well done.  I wish you lots more sales and continued success at those signings and talks.  Enjoy!
  • Excellent news and good for you!!  I mean, what do you say?  Just carry on....