Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Sunday Times Tech webpage

edited November 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Although I haven't got round to writing the article re my name abuse on search engine links. Some of the details will be appearing on Sunday.
    On the page this Sunday past there was an item relating to this, (similar to Butterfly's problem mentioned on Googling Yourself thread.)It asked for views and personal experiences, so I e-mailed my experiences, and asked them to contact me if they wanted to use it.
    I got a phone call yesterday,asking for my permission to use an edited version of my e-mail.
    There's no payment, but it's a cutting for me, and gets the problem highlighted.
    I'll put the address details up Sunday morning.
  • Well done Carol. People need to know.
  • Carol, mines still going on. I've not heard back from the webmaster. I'm going to call again tomorrow to see if I can actually talk to someone.
  • Hope you get some response Butterfly. Unfortunately they can be slow in responding, so don't give up.
  • Well done!
  • My e-mail message has appeared, reduced by half, and it does lack much of the punch that was written in it, but it is the Sunday Times after all.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2105-2481222.html
  • It came across, anyway, Carol.  Nice one.  I mean, I'd love to see how quickly it was stopped if that happened to Bill Gates.... Have you ever thought of emailing HIM?  Well, call me odd but I do believe in going straight to the top!
  • I've thought about e-mailing the top man at Yahoo, as it's their search engine that is currently displaying the offending search links.
    I am finally starting to formulate how I want to approach my article- the e-mail actually helped my brain sort bits out and how I want to expand on those areas.
    At least I feel better for venting my ire at the injustice.