Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Awards Ceramony

edited December 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Went to collect my award for Aim Higher Most Talented Leaner (Hmmm) which consisted of £50 high street store vouchers (Christmas mostly sorted) a new memory stick, very expensive filo fax pad and a certificate. Foolish idiot that I am, wore shoes that were far too big, so had to move like a snail. Didn't help that they were filming as I was walking, arghh!My dress lost a button at the back, yes the lovely ball gown I had been saving, so my bloody chest kept on making unwanted apperences. Spent most of the night holding the bloody straps up so I woulnd't flash. *cringes* Anyway, the book signing went well. Many people favoured the buffet and bar to buying a book but hey, thats life. All in all, an exciting, pride filled night. p.s. my night was made when an ex-teacher of mine told me that her son had developed anorexia nervosa, and because of my book she knew exactly what to do and pulled him from the brink before a hospital admittance. Even if I had sold one book, the night would have been worth it simply to see her smile.
  • Many congratulations again. Did you meet Maura Rea from Belfast?
  • I'm sure the award was wonderful, but the personal achievement you must have felt when you realised that your words had saved someone must have been awesome. Well done you. Life is about touching poeple and you've done that and I'm sure will touch many more through time. An inspiration to many.
  • What a great sentiment Butterfly. The ability to touch lives , what a gift
  • I'm really pleased for you, MM.  Love the way you've recounted the experience.  You could extend it and sell that!
  • MM - What a brilliant evening - everything from getting the award to hearing at first hand that your book has helped someone to the shoes and dress near-catastrophe!

I agree with Anna. It would make a great article. Alternatively it could be turned into a play for TV.
  • Wow! Sounds great. Was it your friend who was filming? Why not write to Judy (and Richard) about your dress?
  • Well done MM, really glad for you. Hope you have many more successful events.
  • Fantastic MM, well done.  I echo Butterfly's sentiments too.
  • Glad it went so well, despite the wardrobe malfunction! I'm sure knowing that even one person has been helped by your book is a wonderful feeling. If it worked for them it will work for others. Congratulations on it all.
  • Wow!

Well done, and long may your success continue.
  • Look forward to the sequel,

"Morbid Maiden, her duel with shoes and dress."
  • Hahaha, thank you everyone!