Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Sargasso sea.

edited October 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• I've just watched Wide Sargasso Sea (I recorded it last night and unfortunately missed the end)and found it a refreshing change. I love the setting, the beautiful green hot island and the colourful decadent 'sweet honeymoon house'. I could feel for the doomed and unhappy wife much more than I could for the 'little victim' Jane Eyre, maybe because I've seen her story so many times. What do you think?
  • I must confess total ignorance of the topic here, but if you recommend it I will certainly give it a watch.
  • I watched it when it was on about three weeks ago. The setting and the madness was very well done. But I did find that I lost concentration after an hour, but stuck with it through to the end.
    There was just too much sex shown between them.(See my comments about WSS on the Jane Eyre thread)
    Glad I saw it, but I think there was something lacking, but couldn't pinpoint what exactly.
  • My advice is read Jean Rhys' novel.