Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A friends good fortune

edited October 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I wanted to share with you all, my friend's good fortune. She has just signed a two-book deal for £130,000 and she as you can expect is jumping for joy. She's been working so hard for this and now is her time.
    There is hope for us all.
  • Oh wow - the stuff that dreams are made of - congratulations Butterfly's friend
  • Very lucky friend.
  • Hope she treats her friends to a celebration glass of champagne!
  • Wow! That's fantastic news. I'm pleased that your friend's dream has come true! Make sure that she introduces you to her publisher or agent!
  • Oh that's brilliant, a real life-changing moment. Do let us know when her book is out and what it's called.

Well done that woman!
  • Good to know it really can happen.
  • Fantastic news
  • Good onyer Butterfly's friend.
    Hopefully a few of us will follow you down that road  :-)
  • My friend is Amanda. The book is a memoir and should be out in Feb 2008 I believe the title is Sharp Pencils.
    Tilly, unfortunately I write for children, the agent doesn't deal in children's work. Never mind, when the time is right, I'll find that elusive agent and publisher.
  • Well, there's proof to all the doubting Thomas's. New deals do exist with agents/publishers.
  • Great news! Do you know who the publisher is?
  • That is fantastic!! Congratulations, Butterfly's friend!
  • Wow! Congratulations to your friend!
  • Jay, I'll try to find out who the publisher is.
  • Thanks, Butterfly.