Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

New Writers News online competition

edited July 2006 in - WM and WN

Comments

• There is one!
  • A lady of few words.
  • No one's said that about me before!!
  • Well, there's always a first time!
  • Ooh Stan!

What were you warning me about, concerning driving? Talk about cautious comments (hope we both escape Lixxy's tongue.)
  • I shall say nothing. For the moment!
  • There's a new one!
  • Roger Wilco!
  • At school we used to say "White rabbits" on the first of the month.

Now it's "New competition"!!
  • Where is Lixxy, by the way?
  • I just checked and she hasn't posted since mid-June. You could try emailing her through WN.
  • I'm back - and what was that about my tongue, Jan?
  • Come here Lixxy,
    Suffer a huge bear hug. Welcome back, you have been missed.

Trust you to ferret around and find this old thread. Perhaps you would like to clamber in to my cavernous armchair, there are all sorts of stray thoughts hidden amongst the upholstery.

Having read you in other threads, I wonder how is life? Dust still sitting in corners of rooms? Given up training (sorry "educating") we minor males? Several more have crept in during your absence so won't yet understand your friendly gibes. Of course time may have mellowed or even exhausted that loveable fire.

Regardless, I'm glad you've found time to contribute.
  • Aah, thanks Jan - the hug was lovely and I will sit in your armchair on the assumption you won't glue me to it! 

I would never give up my inherited task of educating the lesser half - he is coming along fine and even starting to pick up after himself, I was so proud when he finally worked out how to use the polish, I nearly cried!  Needless to say we haven't quite graduated to not having round rooms but I live in hope.