Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My first paid piece of ficiton

edited October 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I finally got into print.
    http://www.alienskinmag.com/flash14.htm

$5  yippeee!!!!!!!!!!
  • Well done! Er ... I hope the bank doesn't make a charge when changing it into £.
  • Fortunately I have an American bank account but I think I'll be framing this cheque or check!
  • well done flick, every journey starts with one step - use the confidence and momentum to submit more stuff while you're on a roll! good luck!
  • Thank you!
  • YAY! Well Done! :-)
  • Well done Flick!  It's not a genre I usually read, but I enjoyed it - I was hooked, waiting for the twist. 
  • Good for you, Flick! Bet you're dancing round the house!
  • Well done, I'll go and have a read.
  • Thank you everyone. I have to admit, it's not a genre I usually write. Horror is not my scene but still.... It was the idea of writing flash fiction that appealed - inspired by Jay. See what he spawned!
  • Thanks, Flick (I think).
  • Congratulations. Its a wonderful feeling isn't it?
  • Congratulations Flick :)
  • Loved the story Flick - very creepy.  I liked the humorous? ending.  Congratulations.
  • Are you going to buy anything significant with the prize money?!!!
  • I thought I'd splash out on a pencil!!
  • Congratulations on your first of many.
  • Hi Flick
    Congratulations on your acceptance.
    I have also submitted a short story to AlienSkin, about three weeks ago, but no reply yet. How long did it take for them to accept/reply to you?

I liked your story by the way. Have you thought about submissions for Interzone/Third Alternative etc?
    Thanks.
  • Hi Flick, congratulations! I'd never heard of Alien Skin before, and thought your story and the website were excellent.
  • Just noticed my spelling of fiction. It's a wonder I ever got anything accepted!!
    It took Alienskin two days to reply but I think they were looking especially for flash fiction. Typically, the day after they'd accepted, I had another acceptance from a site I'd given up on hearing from. I just hit the market at the right time. Duotropes Digest - suggested by Jay a few weeks ago, has a great list of possible sites and also gives response times.
    Thanks for everyones best wishes!
  • Flick - I rather liked ficiton! - but maybe you should call your non-factual work Flicktion!
  • Well done!
    I haven't critted for you yet, on CC, because you are in the middle of novels but will keep an eye open for your 'shorts'.
  • Great news - well done
  • I have a big smile on my face. (Unfortunately it doesn't improve my appearance) Thank you Nenastew. My first fan!
  • I'll start knitting the red carpet. Oh, just remembered - I can't knit. There goes that premiere then!
  • I missed this one as I'm not always logged on - congratulations Flick!! That is great news!
  • Congratulations Flick. It must be great to receive a cheque! A paid writer at last! Hope you receive many more of them.