Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who do you think will write the NEW James Bond book?

edited July 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• Read today that the estate of Ian Fleming has commissioned a 'well-respected' writer to write a new James Bond story. The name will not be released until publication.
    So who would you suggest it is?
    I'd go for Anthony Horo-whatsit, the guy responsible for the Alex Rider stories- may be a bit obvious, but it wouldn't be boring.
  • Russell T Davies?
  • Stan's dog?  Kool Kat?
  • Me and the Dog and Kool Kat are not into writing James Bond. The Dog could probably write some Lazzie scripts. He likes watching the old Lazzie movies when they come on the TV. Kool Kat - well, he just lazies about most of the time.
  • Well if none of you can do it Stan and friends, we may have to ask all my friends on Talkback.
  • Carol - This looks like the signal for a new thread! I'll put it on the Writing Exercises section.
  • From Stan's Dog. 'Oh, not JKR again'.
  • After seeing 'Stormbreaker' on Monday, I actually think Anthony Horowitz could do a reasonable job of it. I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed the film, exciting simplicity.
  • I agree. Anthony Horowitz would probably do it justice.
  • Nice to hear from you again Towbar. I'd forgotten all about this thread.
  • And how about an Asain, African or East European hero instead of a British upper-class twit?
  • Sorry, I spelt Asian incorrectly.