Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

a small success

edited August 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I've just heard that I've won a runners up prize in a writing competition. Came in the top 9 out of 130 and I've won a book on writing plus a £10 book token!! A small success. but I'm really chuffed.
  • And so you should be.  Well done, Tilly!
  • Well done Tilly ... little acorns grow into oak trees.
  • Well done Tilly.
  • That's good news, Tilly - must have placed you directly on cloud 9!
  • Well done, Tilly
  • Congratulations!
  • Nice one Tilly.
    How is the book coming on? This success should give you the confidence and the incentive to "crack on"
  • Congratulations Tilly!
  • Congratulations and well done Tilly.
  • There you go Tilly,

From little successes great works grow. Keep at it.
  • Thank you for your good wishes. You've made my small succes feel like a big achievement. What a lovely group of people you are!
  • Congratulations, Tilly.
  • Congratulations, awesome news! (:
  • Great news, well done!
  • well done, every success should be celebrated
  • You can't call coming runner up in a short story comp. a small success! They are incredibly hard to do well in. Well done Tilly!!
  • Brilliant news - well done.
  • Well done Tilly!
  • Good on you. Congrats.
  • From small successes big successes come. Well done.
  • Hi Tilly,

Congratulations! Was the competition with Writers' News? Are you still doing the Short Story Writing course?
  • Hi Helen,
    Yes Im still doing the short story course. I've reached assignment 3 - slow going! The story that was a runner up was in the WriteSpace comp. They asked if they could put it on their website but I said no because I thought I might send it to a mag. Meanwhile, I have now heard that I was short listed in a Park Publications comp. No prize, but they have asked to publish the story and this time I said yes. Although no money is involved I feel that Park Publicatons do a lot to promote new writers. As a new writer I feel that I am walking through a minefield of copywrite rules - and then there is the possibility of exploitation too, but I'm finding it all very exciting!

Incidentally, the story that Park want is one that I wrote for a WM comp. but didn't send it off in time!
  • Well done on the Park Publications comp!
  • Good news Tilly, and it's something for your CV.
  • Yes, that's good news Tilly. Well done.
  • Great nice to hear such news I think publihishing has rewards in itself. Often the win feels marvolous.
  • Really pleased for you Tilly.  I think you're right to let Park Publications publish your story even though there's no payment - the Editor is helpful and considerate and the mags they produce are good quality and here to stay.  And the feeling of seeing your work in print lasts a lot longer than money!