Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The Times and the mistakes

edited September 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi all! Well, wasn't I suprised to find that I am now 21! I am, as a matter of fact, 20 and recovered. The article was very good other than these few mistakes. We live in a semi-detached, not a terrace, and my brother does eat with the family. My Mum claimed 'see Katie, not everyone can be perfect. Even the Times makes mistakes'.
  • Katie I think you've been brilliant - I can only praise you and your family for enlightening me.  Thank you.  Hope it helps other people find a way up from the depths. 
  • Aargh... I thought it was tomorrow! :(
  • Never mind... just read it online. Very interesting article, well done you for sharing your experiences :)
  • Katie, I've just read the article on-line. I think you and your family are brilliant to be able to talk so openly about what has happened.I'm sure you must be helping many more families.
    You say that you feel "guilty" about what has happened - but why should you? You didn't choose to be anorexic. You are now turning your experience into something positive by helping so many others. I wish you and your family all the best and hope that all of you find happiness in the future.
  • Not-so-morbid-maiden now,
    It is difficult to add anything to the kind and helpful comments other people have made on Talkback after reading your article in yesterday's Times.
    But however miserable you may still be feeling, you look STUNNING on Page 5.
    Regards, Patty
  • Ohh, thank you! I must admit that I loved my description as Wednesday Addams!! She is my role model in fashion! (:
  • Katie - I've also just read the article online. Well done to you and your family - you've already achieved such a lot and it looks as though you're all continuing to progress. Good luck to you all.

I hope your book and your mother's support group both reach and help the people they're intended for.
  • I found the article today.  Congratulations MM, it was great.
  • I've also just found the article via the Internet. Well done with the book and upcoming publicity. I wish you and your family all the best in continuing to deal with this problem.