Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Accepted an an About.com Guide!

edited September 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Owned by the New York Times they are in the top 100 websites (measured by traffic - Alexa rating ) and comprise several hundred mini websites. each written by a Guide on a particular subject. Mine is programming in C, C++ and C#.

Apparently only 10% of applicants make it through. They are always on the look out for new Guides and pay according to web traffic but guarantee $500 a month minimum for the first year. There's a list of available topics at http://beaguide.about.com and they have guides based all over the world. I'm in London.

David Bolton
  • Congratulations. I won't ask what those letters mean in programming. I wouldn't understand it even then, I suspect.
  • Thanks. Those letters are computer programming languages. My topic is a pretty technical one but there are all sorts of others- food, health, gadgets, religion etc. And each topic has to be written.

David
  • Congratulations!
  • Well done DavidBolton.

He is too modest to elaborate but applicants, considered possibly suitable as "Guides", undergo 17 days online training/assessment before the one in tenth is entrusted with live internet access.
  • Well done David!
  • A big Congrats from me, too. Well done.
  • Congratulations :)