Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Princess captured by a terrible dragon

Comments

• I want to write a Love story about a beautiful princess and she gets captured by a terrbile dragon can you help
  • Lee - Have you thought of writing these stories yourself?!!!
  • Dear jenny I have never writing Dragon stories before I want to be Like a novel from Lee
  • I always ask myself 'what if' when I have an idea for a story. What if the dragon is terible because he has had a spell put on him by an evil wizard? Probably a stupid suggestion eh??
  • Lee, here is what one of the speakers at this year's Writers' Conference said about thinking up a plot line or even writing a synopsis:

Ask yourself these 4 questions;

1.Whose story is it?

2.What does he/she want?

3.Who/what is stopping him/her from getting it?

4.How does he/she get it?

I thought it was a very simple but helpful way to focus your thoughts.
  • Hi Lee!

I've just read your profile and I totally agree with you that people shouldn't write depressing stories for children. I'm not even sure they should be written for adults. Anyone who wants to be depressed can just listen to the news!

If you want to write a humorous story about dragons, princesses, etc, perhaps you can base their characters on people you know. That will probably amuse you as you're writing and put you in the right mood to progress the story.

I'm not exactly sure how much other people can help you write it, but good luck anyway.
  • Hi jenny I have just read your reply it will be a big help but I want my dragons to be very mean
  • Do you know any horrible people whose characters you could use for the mean dragons?
  • Who thinks the person who started this thread is less than genuine?
  • I do. I've also got my suspicions about Deadly Fight. Why can't we view Deadly's profile, Webbo?
  • I tried to read the profile, too, and it was completely blank.

I'd be interested to know what's happening.
  • When I click to see Deadly Fight's profile the page comes up as "cannot be displayed". Very odd!
  • Come on, Webbo. Tell us why we can't view Deadly's profile. We're all dying to know what's going on.
  • Webbo's silence is deafening.
  • Perhaps we should put out an appeal for Webbo under the "missing people" thread?
  • That could be a good idea, Lilly.
  • If you go onto members profiles and click the alphabetical order option deadlyfight/lee is there.
  • Well spotted, Kelly!

Do you think he's telling the truth?
  • I'm not sure about this one especially after reading the PROFILE. If I'm wrong many apologies I do like to give everyone a fair chance.
  • So do I. There's still something odd about this, though. Has the one person got three user names? Lee, Deadly Fight and Deadly Fight/Lee? No doubt all will be revealed in the fullness of time.
  • I think that if he defended himself and explained the situation then we could feel better about it but he has not, so maybe there is something iffy about him her or it.
  • sorry about the different names ,I being Lee, ended up with another persons profile, if anyone wants to check me out. I am now  under,deadlyfight/lee.
    Thanks for all the feed back, have checked out some of the websites and found them great.
  • Kate,
    That's good, like man bites dog - maybe he did 5,000 years ago for dinner.
    I always enjoy a good spoof.
  • Why on earth would a dragon want a maiden in the first place.???
  • For dinner, probably!
  • definitely a wind up
  • Think of it from the dragon's point of view.he's got enough problems being a dragon, what with the bad press.  A maiden naqgging away at him would be just too much. He's already dodgng iffy blokes from Cyprus called George and what abouit the toouble with British Gas engineers? After the last one called he coudn't breath fire properly for a month. As to a social life, he only ever gets invites to  B-B-Q's. Thank heavens for the RSPCD!!!!!
  • Lee, I've followed a few of your threads. Are you writing about 1. a princess and dragon 2. big cats or 3. a giant constrictor?  You've either got your fingers in a lot of pies or you're a teensy bit erratic. Am now on the edge of my seat, waiting in eager anticipation for the next thread question. Perhaps you could give walruses a try. They are very underrated, you know.
  • Manatees are equally under-publicised. Aren't they the creatures that sailors used to mistake for mermaids?

Ah, mermaids. There's another topic for a story!