Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

another way of putting it

edited September 2006 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Can anyone think of a better way to put the following

Neither of her two jobs make the most of her ability.

Short and sweet is best!
  • How about 'Neither job stretches her.'
  • Neither job challenges her.
  • Thanks to both - got it now!!
  • Like to help with another line!

Addie understands now that the way her mother feels about her, isn’t Addie’s fault.

When I read that, I think I can't write at all but it's the bleep bleep synopsis and its driving me insane
  • How about:  Addie finally understands that she must bear no responsibility for the way her mother feels.
  • Thank you
  • Hi Flick,

How about using Neither and Nor. It kind of rolls off the tongue. Long-winded I know, but has a melody to it.

Hope you are doing ok. I seem to be starting to sort life out now, and am taking the brave (hopefully not foolish) steps of starting out on my own again, and moving on.

Who knows? maybe I will gain some of my sanity back?

Milhouse.
  • Hi Milhouse,
    Long time no speak! Glad life is finally moving you on!! have you had any bites at your book yet? Someone has pointed out to me that its advisable to get about 10 people to read and reread your work for spelling/grammar etc. Have you thought about joining a critique circle?
  • Hi Flick,
    I called some agencies, and sent out the first 3 to those that requested it. I am still refining the rest (POV, layout etc). If I do get a bite, I will need some help proofing if you have the time (you are by far the best critque I could find).

If I fail to find an agent by christmas I am going to publish it on POD anyway. At least its out there then.

Thanks for all your help. If you need the favour returned just ask and it will be a pleasure.

Milhouse.
  • OOPS.... forgot.

If you are serious about a joint project between Talkbackers, mail me something that you have written so that I can compare style etc. I would be very interested.

Milhouse.
  • Ok, done that.