Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Success? - Sort of.

edited August 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I have recently set up a writing group at my work place (still have to work FT unfortunately) and today we had our second meeting, and therefore we all had pieces to read and comment on.  I have to say I was quite impressed.  We all had to write a film review, and we discussed how the style of film, style of writing and the audience affected how it was written.  We had a great time.  There's 7 of us, and until I initiated it in June, the other 6 had never really put pen to paper.  I seem to be quite good at encouraging others to write (I run another writing group spawned from a writing class we attended in 2003) so I make that a success!  At least it keeps me writing.
  • Good for you, Curly. I'm really impressed. I hope your new group becomes a success. It certainly seems to have got off to a good start.
  • That's great Curly - very constructive, I wish you success with your groups. I believe it helps to share your writing and receive feedback.
  • Curly - you sound like a born motivator!
  • Well having just got back from a week at Swanwick, I picked up one bit of advice I will try to follow.  It was no matter how little, to write every day.  More than one speaker gave that opinion.  That I haven't done up until now but I am certainly going to try from now on.  You seem to be doing well in setting a lead with your group.  Good luck with your writing.
  • Great Curly - keeping em all writing!
  • Well done Curly!
  • Well done Curly!
  • Keep up the good work!