Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The giant constrictor

Comments

• I am writing a story about a giant python it overpowers me then I get stuck can You help
  • Over to you Stan and Dora!
  • If you mean the python overpowers you then I think you've written yourself into a hole.  Could one escape a giant python once he has a grip on you?
  • Definitley no! So what call Dora and Stan???
  • Sounds like one for Hetty Wainthrop actch.
  • might be unpleasant, and you would have to have a hand free, but a knife would be useful that you could try to stick into the constrictor to get it to loosen its grip, enough to escape. Are you serious!!!
  • Deadly Fight was never more serious in its life.
  • I wonder if you just told the Python a funny joke, it might die laughing? 

Then again, perhaps you could just carry on as if it wasn't there?  Though I'm sure nobody would bother you if you accepted your lot and when you took the bus, asked for "one adult and a python please."  People can be very kind these days and will probably politely look the other way. 

Stan's very polite. He'll tell you what's what.
  • You've got to be very careful that the reader's sympathies are on your side when you despatch the snake, especially if it is an endangered species. Personally, I'd always be rooting for the Boa. Seek a humane solution, or find a less endearing adversary.
  • So do I - well, some of them!
  • 'So do I' said Sheba, Stan's Snake.
  • My goodness, Stan really does have a mini zoo!

I take it this is a serious adventure story.  Otherwise, you could always tickle it to death ...hmmm, or until it lets go (see, that's the sort of silliness that would go on in my stories)... Now there's a question ... are snakes ticklish? 
  • MDD - we'll leave it to you to find out!
  • Along with his other questions (as Lee), this one isn't to be taken seriously!!!
  • sorry everybody and thanks for all the help, deadly fight and lee are the same person, he has liked all your comments thanks again, he has never been on a chat forum before.
  • Jenny doesn't trust people who refer to themselves in the third person!
  • Anyanka finds it suspicious that Lee's profile is coherent and accurately spelled, while his recent postings use Randomly Generated Grammar.
  • Sylvia feels the same, don't you, Sylvia?
  • I find it all very confusing and not at all honest. Something strange going on Kelly reckons
  • It seems that there are two Lees signed in for Talkback.