Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Celebrity interview found a home - thanks everyone!

edited August 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• After frequent posts for help and suggestions to the queries section I finally managed to get my celebrity interview into print! As a brief recap, I interviewed former Bay City Roller, Les McKeown, for a magazine and then it got put on hold by the magazine. So I started looking for other markets (I'll spare you the list!). In the end it was printed in the Toronto Star on Aug 3 and an Irish newspaper, the Derry Journal on July 21. I was ecstatic! There's another paper it's also waiting to go into (and I've still never given up on the original magazine...). As if it wasn't enough to get it printed (and get paid for it!), when Les was in Belfast for a show a week ago I was invited to the rehearsal and also spent the afternoon of the show with him and his wife. Ironically I spent much longer talking him there than I had for the original interview. As a fan as well as a writer, it was nice to be complimented by him for my efforts.
  • Double whammy - excellent!
  • Congratulations!
  • Well done you!  That's great.
  • That's wonderful news, and what a nice bloke to give you the invite. And he obviously liked the piece. Well done.
  • cool :O)  well done :O)

Gary
  • Fantasic news.  Keep it going and ask him for contacts to other celebs too and re-write for pop mags.  Buy 'The Stage' for names of artistes agents etc.  The staff there are great.  Ask for a celeb writing brief for regular celeb news in your area-you could be lucky.  Hope these tips help.
  • Well done Trimbell.
  • It might be the way you wrote it, but I really feel your joy, congratulations at your interview been accepted.
  • Thanks guys! And thanks for the advice, Sal. I will try to make some contacts and pursue other interviews. It has been a great learning experience and I have a few ideas to follow up as a result.
  • Congratulations Trimbell!