Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Chatting

edited May 2006 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Thanks to all for welcome. I'm writing to you all instead of writing, the book, the short story - is that in itself a problem?
    Regards
    rebdek
  • Yes, it's a great procrastinator.  I spend too much time here, using all my creative energies 'til I've got none left for other projects.  I'm trying to wean myself off to one visit per day.
  • Sometimes, when you're stuck for an idea, rather than stare at a blank screen for hours on end getting all anxious, it's best to do something different and give your subconcious time to work on your problems. Much better to come here and chat and pick up gems of knowledge than to watch the telly. Remember telly? Now that is a real time waster.
  • Quite.  Coming on here gives me the chance to interact with other people in the same position as me, which can only be a good thing.  No one understands a creative person like another creative person, and no one understands a writer's problems like another writer. Being on here is never a waste of time.

(Well, not a complete waste, anyway, hehehe!)
  • So as I've said before, three cheers for Talkback.
  • Hip hip hooray! That's one...
  • I've noticed that I'm watching less t.v, reading and listening to music more. And being on TalkBack. There's just so much junk on t.v at the moment. Occasionally there will be something I want to watch, but not often.
  • So you have the same problems with uninteresting tv programmes just like us. Perhaps it's the time of year! We now have more channels with digital television, but the choices don't increase, as a lot of the channels repeat old series or comedies.
  • I'm really replying to Fiona re the Memory sticks.
    I have a couple as I edit our village newsletter and my co-editor sometimes gets articles and/or pictures that we need to exchange. Saves sending lengthy photo e-mails. We love our 'smart cards'.
  • Absolutely, I agree.  You can learn so much from coming onto a forum like this one, tips about writing, advice, and generally, people being there for you when you need them.

I was on msn with my best friend, the other night - both have Broadband - and including a few breaks where we both went off to do something else, we were talking (mostly b****cks) for about four hours.  Even that isn't time wasted, as we both get a giggle out of it, take the mickey out of each other, and always but always tell each other 'I love you' before logging off. 

It's that reinforcement.  It's good to know your friends are there, and that's what Talkback is for.