Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Book Competition Website

edited July 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• Hi there
    A new website has been launched where you can win free books. My historical novel, Highland Rebel, is on offer this month. Please check it out if you are interested:
    http://bookcomps.webeden.co.uk/
    (only available to those in the UK or Ireland)
    Warm regards
    Loren Teague
    www.highlandrebel.com
  • I dunno, Loren. You seem to have joined Talkback purely to spam it with adverts for your novel.

Not particularly good form...
  • At least Loren signed off with warm regards - although I suppose they couldn't be anything but warm in this weather!

Do you think anyone ever puts "cool regards"?
  • Apologies to those who thought my notice was spam. I thought this was a forum where we could freely talk about our work or anything to do with books, and that we could post notices of interest. I thought some writers might be keen on the book website, run by historical novelist, Kate Allan, because it gives readers a chance to win books - and anyone who is passionate about writing usually loves books.
    In future, I won't mention my novel - unless asked, of course. Even better, I'll retreat to New Zealand and to the writing community I'm most familiar with.
  • That was so eloquent Amboline!
  • I merely checked Loren's profile and found that all five of her posts (at that time) were advertising her book and the competition. There wasn't a single "Hi, I'm Loren", it just launched right in there with the advertising.

So yes, yes it was spamming.
  • Amboline, thanks for your response and I appreciate that you explained things so well. I have taken note of your points and understand a lot better how things work on this forum.