Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Bad Postman!

edited February 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi everyone, I'm having a bad day. 

I came home from work after almost setting fire to the office in my attempt to make salmon in the microwave - another story - only to find two rejection letters behind the door.  I've only sent two things away, one for a competition the other submitted to a magazine but I didn't for a minute think I'd get them both back on the same day.  How rubbish am I?  I suppose this way I'm having all my disappointments on one day.

I have to admit to raiding the cupboard for chocolate biscuits to make me feel better but now I've had my fix I'm off to write a couple of addresses on envelopes and get my stories back into circulation - I won't be beaten, 5 stone heavier perhaps but not beaten. 
  • Hi Nicall,  Two rejections in one day was brutal, but least you only hit the biscuits once! Good for you for getting your work back out there quickly. It's the most positive thing to do I think. Fingers crossed for good postman next time!
  • Stick at it (the writing I mean, not the biscuits!)
    Hopefully somebody out there will appreciate your talent (for writing I mean, not setting fire to offices!)

Good luck and keep us informed
  • I hope it gets better for you Nicall. Two in one day, ouch!
  • I feel for you too. I like the chocolate biscuits idea ...hm. Good idea getting the items sent out again. I wish you success.
  • At least you didn't hit the bottle! Get them sent out again. Pronto!