Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

sneaking back

edited August 2005 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Okay, okay it's only been a couple of weeks, but I have seen the error of my ways.
    Yes, after a brief "period of rest and recuperation" I am tip-toeing back to the fold.
    I have realised that sitting in front of a computer for hours on end is preferable to decorating.
    The script that was 95% completed is now 97% finished. I have had chance to read over it and I actually quite like it. My aim now is to get it wrapped up and sent off. Only then will I believe my rehabilition is almost complete.
  • Well done - a pat on the back for fortitude and have faith in yourself. 
  • Good on you for resting!
    All writers, including myself, find that when we have written a certain amount we take a rest.  When we return to it a few days later we are able to pick up the mistakes and sub-edit it well!
    I wish you the best of luck for publication!
    Alana
  • Stan/Stan2 will be pleased! One more supportive male.
  • Hope you are still with us John
  • Hi Betsie.

Yep, I am still here. Still working towards getting my script finished. It is a bit nerve-wracking because BBC writersroom liked the last script I submitted (but not enough to take it further!!) and asked me to send in my next work as they detected a spark of talent.
    I want to make it the best I can, but it is quite an ambitious project - for me anyway - and it seems to be taking some time to complete.
    The last thing I want to do is submit something that doesn't interest them but at the same time get something to them before they forget I exist!!!
  • You can do it, Courierjohn !
  • Wow - stick with it, that's a very encouraging response you've had from BBC.  I would also suggest you watch the TV credits to see who are the production companies who do similar stuff to yours.  Then look them up, they might be interested.
  • Welcome back, I'm delighted that you have seen the error of your ways. I add my wow to Betsie's. To get such a positive response from the BBC is surely encouraging. You can do it CJ!
  • He's sneaked off again.
  • For four years? Laying very low, me thinks.
  • So true.
  • Thats strange you bounced this thread back to the top again, Stan. For some reason I was reading it just last week!
  • Come in Courier John
  • Hello FMN and Betsie.
  • Hi Stan, how are you today? :)
  • Hi Stan - lovely to see you again
  • Thank you kind ladies. We have hot sunshine in Bedfordshire.
  • Send some of that this way! It's been chucking it down all day!
  • Well look on the bright side, at least that's better than chucking it up all day FMN :)
  • Heavy rain poured as we were leaving the supermarket.
  • Where has CourierJohn GON?
  • Last sea rolling skating down Croydon High Street followed by...
  • Should read 'seen'...