Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Is this a record?

edited February 2007 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I sent a travel article and pictures via e-mail to an editor today (after pitching my idea and being given the go ahead to submit).  I've never done anything for this magazine before.  She replied FOUR HOURS LATER to say my article was accepted and will be published in May.  I have never ever received an acceptance this fast.  Is it a record?
  • Well done! What is it about and what is the name of the mag?
  • I would say so - and well done
  • Yaaayy!  Good for you; it must have been right up their street, as it were...
  • The magazine is Air Pacific's inflight magazine called Islands (Fiji's airline).  The piece is about a tiny island called Namena.  The island has ancient remains from Fiji's prehistory, colonies of boobies, tropicbirds, flying foxes (bats), nesting turtles and fantastic diving on its coral reefs.  The small resort is as low-impact as feasible and I had an amazing time researching the article.
  • Just thought - the trip combined my greatest loves - travel, diving and writing.  God I love what I do sometimes. 
  • Well done, hopefully they'll accept more stuff in future.
  • No point in doing something if you don't love doing it. Well done on the acceptance of your piece.
  • Stan, you have never said something so true!
  • Wow! Congratulations Claudia!
  • Congratulations, Claudia. When are you sending the next article?
  • The editor has asked for more stuff, so just as soon as I can get out and research another interesting place.... trouble is, this is a tiny country.  Ah well.  The main thing is that I have got out of my comfort zone (I was/am writing travel articles for an English language newspaper in Spain) and when I moved to Fiji I decided it was time to try new markets instead of lazily only submitting to one editor.  This has given me a real boost and proved that I can get published in other places. 
  • VERY well done!!