Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Going on a writing commission for a week

edited March 2008 in - Writing Tales
I'm off tomorrow for a week's adventure cruise around Fiji's northern-most islands. I'm commissioned by a magazine to write an article about it - so whoop-de-do!!
Only downside is - my deadline is a mere four days after I return - so I'll be doing a lot of the writing in the evenings while I'm on the trip. No, no, no - I'm really not complaining!

Happy Easter - see you in a week.

Comments

• Have a great time!
  • Jealous? Me? Nah!
  • Have fun, Claudia! :-)
  • Have a great time Claudia.
  • green with envy ... being honest, but you've worked for it, enjoy!

talk soon!
  • Fantastic - enjoy yourself!
  • Sounds wonderful,enjoy yourself and good luck with the article. :P
  • Sounds great, Claudia. Have a good time!
  • What a great job, Claudia!! Happy Easter to you.
  • Enjoy! :-)
  • I could say some really rotten things right about now, y'know, but instead I'll grit my teeth, smile widely and wish you good luck, happy travelling and a great Easter, Claudia. x :-D See you when you get back.
  • Well done Claudia - hope you have a great time :)
  • I'd be lucky if the local rag asked me to row around the Mill pond and write about the experience. Truth is, the'd probably print it. (it really is a naff paper, comes out once a week) Enjoy the trip, lucky so n so.
  • Full of envy, Claudia - but have a wonderful time anyway! :-)
  • Sounds marvellous, Claudia! Next time, could you ask if I can come with you as you need someone to hold your pen...
  • You get to do such exciting things, Claudia. Have fun.
  • Well done Claudia. I'm so pleased things on the writing front are going well. I hope you have loads of fun too.
  • Hi I'm back - sort of. Can't stick around as I'm too busy working on the article for this trip - deadline is Friday and I've got all the photos to work on too.
    I had a terrific time - diving, snorkelling, kayaking, hiking, visiting remote island villages... swimming under waterfalls... oh, and having the occasional hedonistic massage.
    Thanks for all the good wishes, better shut up and go do some work. ;)
  • I'm worn out just reading your post! Glad you had such a good time. Best of luck with the article.
  • Sounds wonderful! :-)
  • Sounds like it will be a great article. See you when the work is completed.
  • Good luck.
    It all sounds great.
    :)
  • Just hope they have given you a generous word count with all that to write about. Did you ever get a chance to rest? Good luck with your writing.
  • And this you call work? Sounds great Claudia :D
  • Claudia, what practically does getting a 'commission' mean apart from getting your work published?
  • Oggie, it means that an editor has asked Claudia to write an article on something specific. The editor has approached Claudia, not vice versa.
  • Claudia you do lead the glamorousest (!) life!