Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writers Block

edited April 2008 in - Writing Tales
Hi everyone,

I love this talkback site and have finally decided to not be shy and have signed up. I write children's books in my spare time and have a website dedicated to my Dr Midas books. I have just launched a blog 'writers block' though my local newspapers (which I work for as a sub-editor) and I'd love for you to have a nosey at it and let me know what you think.
Visit http://www.writersblock.merseyblogs.co.uk/ or http://icseftonandwestlancs.icnetwork.co.uk/visiter/blogs/

Thanks
Susan

Comments

• Welcome to Talkback, Susan. Any minute now someone will suggest you put your introduction on the Welcome Writers category!
  • Hello Susan welcome to Talkback.
  • Hello Susan welcome to Talkback.
    :)
  • it would be good to put you on the Welcome Writers page but you got onto this one and that's fine! Welcome and keep working!
  • Hello and welcome to Talkback! :-)
  • Hi, Susan. Welcome to Talkback. Why not enter this month's One Word Challenge? If you're confused, just shout!
  • hi Susan and welcome
  • Hi Susan, welcome in.
  • Hi, welcome, welcome, pull up a chair and join in :)
  • Hello Susan!
  • Hi Susan - the more the merrier!

Talking of writers block (never experience it myself, more of a creative block when my mind locks), I have a book at home called The Writers' Block, which is basically the size of a cube, but has loads of great ideas to unlock that block!

Just out of interest, when do you get blocks? I always find it is when I am feeling stressed/depressed or someone has taken a lump out of me (i.e youwriteon.com has a lot to answer for!)
  • Hi Susan and welcome. :P
  • Hi Susan!
  • We now have 889 users. :P
  • Welcome to TB, Susan! Enter the mad house and enjoy!
  • Mad house? I am sane!!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Yes Stan, you keep telling yourself that ;)
  • Well, it's true, honest. Would I tell a lie?
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Welcome, TB really is a great site for writers.
  • Hi Susan - welcome :)
  • Welcome to Talkback
  • Welcome Susan (or should I say Alice?) I'm pleased to meet you.
  • Hello and welcome, Susan :)
  • There's no such thing as writer's block. It's just a fancy way of saying that you've run out of ideas. If you have a great idea, a great character and you sit down and structure your story, you will never suffer from 'writer's block'.
  • Absolutely, Candy. I used to think I suffered from Writer's Block, because I always waited to be 'inspired'. Now I just sit down and thump it out. Even if it's rubbish, at least the book has moved on and I can always change it later.
  • Hi Susan, and welcome etc. I just looked at your blog and will look more deeply later when got time. Good luck with all your writing. :)
  • Hi everyone!
    Thanks for such an overwhelming welcome - fortunately I don't really suffer from writer's block - I quite agree you shouldn't wait for inspiration but just get scribbling - or typing - lol
  • Hello, Susan. Welcome to Talkback.
  • I've been away from TB for a few days, so hello from me, also, Alicewonder!
  • Hello Susan! Welcome to talkback and happy writing to you! :)