Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Hallelujah! 'tis done!

Phew! (wipes beads of sweat off forehead)

Excuse my long absence, Talkbackers, but it had to be done. After locking myself in the house for the last two weeks (bar going to work that is), I have finally finished the latest (and hopefully last) major rewrite of the book. And I've even done the b****y synopsis and covering letter! ... Hmm, bum definitely looking more rectangular than circular these days ...

Now compiling a list of agents and publishers to send to, as well as toying with posting on youwriteon. But first, heading off to warmer climes on Friday to visit with the folks. Will send the book out when I get back mid May.

... And then, of course, one will have to get back to Book Two.

So, have fun while I'm MIA!

Comments

• Hey, you were missed, MDD! A huge pat on the back for getting the book finished :D
  • edited April 2008
    Jolly well done, MDD!
    Have a good time in those warmer climes and regards to your family!! :D

(I typed warner climes the first time, but you're not going to Hollywood, are you?!!)
  • Have a good rest MDD - sounds like you deserve it
  • Well done MDD and good luck with the subs!
  • Great stuff MDD! :-)
  • Well done, MDD. Have a rest now!
  • edited April 2008
    Well done, MDD. What an achievement. Enjoy your break and good luck with sending out your book.
  • congratulatuons, MDD, enjoy your rest!
  • Congratulations!!! :)
  • MDD very well done! I hope you enjoy your well deserved holiday!
  • Well done MDD. :)
    I'd say post on Youwriteon, you've got nothing to lose and the window of opportunity with Randomhouse is quite small especially when the reviews seem to be coming in quite slowly.
  • Well done MDD. Have fun on your break. :)
  • Congratulations MDD. It's a great feeling isn't it? Enjoy your holiday.
  • Well done MDD. Have fun and get your bum back into shape while you still can!
  • Well done MDD! Now go off and have fun and a well-deserved rest :)
  • Well done, man.
    Here's keeping all fingers and toes crossed, and hoping of course.
    Don't be dispaired if one of those publishers calls it a . . . [whatever]
    I heard that Mrs H. Potter had a few rejects before getting the right one. :-D
  • Well done MDD! Fantastic!
  • Well done MDD - that must be a great feeling. Hope you enjoy your well-earned rest - wave across to my auntie in Seychelles for me! Thanks! :-)
  • I will Josette! :-) One of these days, I must go there. And to the Maldives.

Thanks everyone! See you soon!
  • Well done, MDD!
  • Brilliant MDD. Give yourself a bar of chocolate or some special treat just for you. :P
  • Good on you MDD, I'm very proud of you!
  • Yes, congratulations :) A great achievement!

Here's hoping the offers come rolling in soon...
  • Well done and enjoy the break
  • Well done thats great!