Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Some good news to round the week off.

edited April 2008 in - Writing Tales
Talk about a rollercoaster of a week. I have just had a phone call to say I have come fourth in the Grace Dieu short story competition. Although I have been getting short listings in recent months, this is my first placing. After the rest of the week I don't feel much like celebrating but it has certainly raised my spirits a little.

Comments

• Well done Mutley. :P
  • that is lovely news, Mutley. You deserve some good news after your week *big hugs* Well done!
  • Well done Mutley. I know it has not come at a good time, but well done. ((((()))))
  • :) :) :) :D :D:D
  • At last some good news for you - may there be much more to come.
    (((((((((((((((((:D))))))))))))))))) xx
  • Well done - something nice for you x x x Enjoy it, I know it'll be hard, but you deserve the placing. Have a hug ((((((()))))))
  • Congratulations, Mutley, well deserved I'm sure. Enjoy.
  • Congratulations on that Mutley. :-)(())
  • Congratulations Mutley. :P
  • Well done, Mutley! :-)
  • Let's hope the good news comes in a three! Well done!
    Lx
  • Great news Mutley - well done
  • Well done, Mutley.
  • What good news Mutley. I'm thrilled for you. You needed something good and you got it. Just for you, I'm putting the flags out over here. Chuffed for you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( :-D )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • Well done, Mutley - good for you.
  • Well done! So nice for you to have some good news to brighten your day.
  • Great news Mutley. well done!
  • great news well done!
  • That's great Mutley. It won't ease the pain but it will help a little. :-)
  • Well done Mutley!
  • Congratulations, Mutley! :)
  • Congratulations, Mutley.
  • Well done Mutley
  • Well done Mutley. :-D
  • that is such good news! Hold on to the good feeling!
  • Lovely news - many congratulations!
  • Well done, Mutley :)
  • What sort of story was it? Will it be published - maybe in a winners anthology?
  • I'm really pleased for you, Mutley.
  • Well done that's great
  • Well deserved success, Mutley.:)
  • I don't know if they publish it. I think if they do it is just on their website. I may now try to send it to a magazine. I'm not sure how you would describe what it is about. It started with being set the theme of 'colour' by my tutor on the WN short story course. It is about life and death, continuity. Oh dear it makes it sound obscure but it is hard to describe. It is about a child and his grandfather, almost guaranteed to make you cry!
  • Mutley, if you are going to send it to a magazine, first find out if it is appearing on the website, as many magazines won't except a story that has been 'published' anywhere else.
    If it isn't on the website then no problem. :)
  • Congratulations Mutley! :-)
  • Well done Mutley
  • Fabulous news, Mutley - congratulations!

Make sure you write it in the success book when you get to York Writers :)
  • Thats fantastic to read that Mutley , well done.
  • Well done Mutley.
  • great news! well done to you! if you havent celebrated already get on and do so.
  • Congratulations, Mutley!
  • Congratulations, Mutley.
  • I don't wish to betray a confidence but I have already had the pleasure of reading Mutley's story and it is very, very good. As I have already said to her the stories that got 1st, 2nd and 3rd must be exceptional to have knocked her into 4th. Well done Mutley.
  • If anyone would like to read it then go to http://www.gracedieuwriterscircle.co.uk/ and then 2008 competition winners and scroll down to the 4th place one and it's there.
  • Very well done Mutley. Well deserved placing. :)
    (The judge, Bead Roberts is very good. She gave a talk, and judged one of our monthly prose competitions, about five years ago.)
  • Bead Roberts! she did a workshop with our writing circle last year :)
    Well done Mutley, i read the story and do have tears lightly stinging at my eyes.
  • Read your story yesterday Mutley - beautifully narrated and well worthy of its' placing.