Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Photographic Success

edited April 2008 in - Writing Tales
One of my photographs has been accepted into The Wirral Spring Art and Photography Exhibition which is now showing. It's really exciting to see one of my photographs on display in an exhibition. :P

Comments

• Well done Wilts.
  • Well done, Wilts! :-)
  • that's brilliant! Congratulations!
  • Great Wilts, well done. What is the photograph of?
  • Congratulations!
  • Well done Wilts!!! I echo HM's question!
  • Congratulations Wilts
  • Fantastic news Wilts! Is there any way we can see it on-line somewhere? What's the subject?
  • Well done Wilts :)
  • Congrats, Wilts!
  • Well done
  • Congratulations Wilts! :-)
  • Well done! :-)
  • Yes, congratulations! Where's the exhibition on? My parents live on the Wirral so we might be able to pop in and admire your handiwork next time we're visiting.
  • Congratulations, Wilts. Fantastic news.
  • Well done Wilts!
  • Congratulations Wilts
    :)
  • Hi Everyone. Sorry for the delay in replying to the questions. Don't know where the last two days have gone. The photograph is a close shot of a teasel flowerhead before it flowers. Unfortunately I don't have a website as yet. Amboline, the Exhibition is on at The Williamson Art Gallery, Slatey Road, Birkenhead until Sunday 1st of June. The gallery is open Tuesday to Sunday 10am to 5pm. It is closed on Mondays except Bank Holidays. If you are able to go I hope you enjoy it and would be interested in your thoughts on the exhibition. :P
  • Ah yes, I know the Williamson well, it's just up the road from where I went to school. Sadly, not sure if I'll be back over that way before the 1st June though... if it was on for just a week longer we'd probably make it, as we've got tickets for the Wirral folk festival, but we're unlikely to get there before then unfortunately...
  • edited May 2008
    Congratulations on your success, Wilts. That must be a really good feeling. If you want to post your pictures to the web, there are a million and one places that will host your images for free. www.flickr.com is the best known but there is a host of others.
  • Thanks for the info joey blow. I will look into that. :P
  • Congratulations, Wilts. Do you use photographs with your writing or is this a separate talent?
  • Wordy the plan is to combine photography and article writing. At present the photography is a long time hobby. :P
  • Oh its at the Williamson. I'll be there next week..! I'll look out for it.
  • Hi TRShaw. Hope you enjoy the exhibition. Mine is the photo of a Teasel flower head and is unsurprisingly called Teasel. Because the photos had such a large entry this year a separate room was needed to hang them. I see you are from Merseyside. Which part I wonder? I'm was born and live on the Wirral. :P
  • Hi Wilts - congratulations on the pic inclusion! I will try and visit the exhibition myself if poss - my eldest, Big Mac, is heavily into photography so would love to come and visit too! We live in Chester, but I was born in Birkenhead (don't know where, I was very young at the time...)
  • Well done Wilts ! Sorry a bit late but seemed to have missed this thread. What colour is the teasle pic? I think it would go well on my bedroom wall.........
  • Well done wilts. Enjoy the moment.
  • Lexia, the background is mainly green and the flowerhead has a light pinky purple tint to it as the pic was taken just before it flowers. It was taken outside in a garden. :P
  • Hi, Wilts - went to visit the exhibition (along with Veggiemac and Big Mac), and we were very impressed at the whole thing! The standard was certainly v. high indeed - there were some stunning photographs (including yours, of course!). I was only puzzled by the choice of winner, but then what do I know! Hope you managed to sell yours, you certainly deserve to!

It's a lovely gallery, too - and one I didn't know existed (nor did Tom on the Sat Nav - we had to ask directions!). I hope they advertise its presence widely because it's certainly well worth the visit. We went to Wallasey to look at the wind farm and the lighthouse afterwards - we had been inspired to do so by the photos, especially the one of the wave breakers. I don't think I've been there since I was a child, and its certainly changed. Bigmac knew his way - seems it's one of his regular haunts when he goes off for a drive!

Anyway, thanks for pointing us to the gallery, Wilts - we had a lovely day out, thanks to you and your pic :)
  • Fine praise from the mcb family - well done Wilts. Am a bit too far away to visit, but am with you in mind. Could you post the pic somewhere , like your website or something, for us to see ?
  • mcbemused so glad you enjoyed the exhibition and had a nice day out. Thanks for the feedback. Yes it is a lovely gallery and should be better publicised. :P

lexia I haven't got a web site as yet but hope to at some stage. :P
  • edited May 2008
    Then mail me a pic of the pic Wilts ....... please ! :) I'll put it on mine if you like.