Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I've been shortlisted!!!

edited May 2008 in - Writing Tales
I can't believe I've been shortlisted. A few months ago I sent four haiku to a competition, and tried to forget about it. Today I got a letter saying it's been shortlisted and they want to publish it! :-)

Comments

• Wow! Well done you! :-) Which comp is it..?
  • Well done Kangaroo.
  • Thanks guys!It was called the FreeXpression Literary Competition, it was Australian. They had a few sections, and I thought 'Why not?' It will be published in the next couple of months. Still on Cloud Nine!
  • This is the one that got through: carousel spins
    horses galloping
    an endless track

:-D
  • Good one!
  • Congratulations! It's nice to have some good news to start off the day!
  • Well done!
  • Well done, Kanga !! Great news !
  • Well done Kangeroo, wonderful news. :)
  • Congrats Kangaroo - a nice bouncy start to the day! :)
  • Fantastic - many congratulations!
  • Congratulations, Kangaroo! :) Great news.
  • Wonderful news! Will it be published in an anthology? A magazine?
  • Wow! Well done!
  • congratulations!
  • Good for you. Well done.
  • great news - well done
  • Congratulations, Kangaroo. :-)
  • Good on you, Kanga! That's brilliant news - congratulations. :-)
  • Great news Kangaroo. Well done :-)
  • Congrats to you!!!!! Brilliant news. pop that champers and enjoy!
  • That is brilliant news. I am really pleased for you. Enjoy the celebration. :)
  • Enjoy the feeling up there - might be a while before you float back down to Earth :D
  • Thankyou everyone! Fiona, it's going to be published in a magazine in either July or August. I can't wait to see it, they're sending me a copy. :-) :-)
  • Congratulations. I love haiku poems, too.
  • Congratulations Kangaroo. :)
  • Well done K-roo! Haiku so difficult to get right - so powerful when you do!
  • Well done! I've only recent discovered the haiku and Scratch is right, they can be very potent when done well!
  • Sorry to chuck a spanner in the works but shouldn't a traditional haiku have a syllable count of 5 - 7 - 5. Yours is 4 - 5 - 4. Was it special Aussie rules?? But I do like it, so congrats anyway!