Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Swanwick Success!

edited May 2008 in - Writing Tales
Just had an email to say that I have won first prize in the Swanwick Poetry Competition! Yahoo!

Comments

• Yahoo indeed! Well done, Kateyanne! :) :) :) :)
  • That's great news, Kateyanne. Congratulations.
  • Excellent news! Well done!
  • Well done, Kateyanne! Virtual champagne coming your way! :-) What is the prize?
  • That's wonderful, Kateyanne!!! Well done :) :) :)
  • The prize is a writing hoilday at Swanwick I believe and a trophy? Not sure maybe someone knows about this.
  • Well done, Katyanne!
  • Brilliant! Well done!
  • That's fantastic news, Kateyanne! Well done!
  • That's brilliant! I won the same prize a couple of years ago, so I can tell you all about it. I was given a free week at the Writers' Summer School at Swanwick, a glass trophy to keep for a year and a framed certificate to keep for ever. You'll have a wonderful time, I'm sure, and I look forward to meeting you there in August.
  • Thanks, Montholon and I look forward to meeting you too.
  • First prize - wow! Fantastic news! Well done, Kateyanne.
  • I should have said before, Kateyanne, if you haven't been to Swanwick before and you've got any questions, feel free to ask. This will be my third year, so I can probably answer most of them.
  • What great news, Kateyanne! Many congratulations!!
  • Brilliant news, well done!
  • Well done you! Enjoy the feeling :)
  • Great news Kateyanne, congratulations! :P
  • What tremendous news, Kateyanne. Fantastic!!
  • Well done, Kateyanne!
  • OH MY !!! Well done you , Kateyanne. Crack open the bubbly !! :)
  • Thanks everyone. It was quite a surprise, I had forgotten all about entering that competition.

Can't celebarte with drink as I am on a detox, but I can have another rooibos or dandelion tea!
  • celebrate I mean! oops
  • Brilliant kateyanne. Well done you.
  • Where can we see your winning poem? Well done you and enjoy the prize.
  • Good for you!
  • Well done Kateyanne - you must be thrilled :)
  • Well done! :-)
  • Wonderful news, congratulations. Have fun.
  • That is great news Katyanne. Many congratulations. Enjoy it. :-)
  • What's in that dandelion tea of yours? Go celebarte some more, Kateyanne! :-)
  • I think the poem will be in a copy of The Writing Magazine,which funds Swanwick, not sure.
  • Great news, Kateyanne - well done. :-)
  • Whoo, hoo! Congratulations Kateyanne! :-D
  • Kateyanne I've only just seen this, fantastic. Well done you. I would love to read your poem. If you could email it to me I would be very grateful or let me know where it is published.
  • Thanks Mutley. I had to send a hard copy to Richard Bell at WM so I think it will be published in the mag? I'll let you know.
  • Congratulations Kateyanne, that's great news! The home study course has clearly paid off for you :)

The Swanwick winners generally get printed in WM about the time of the actual event, if I recall. So it'll probably be in the August issue. Which means, the way WM works, you'll probably see it in about a week :)
  • Congrats kayeyanne! :-)
  • Many congratulations - we're proud of you!
  • Thanks everyone. Amboline I think the home study course did help, but I am still useless at sonnets! I wonder what the advanced course covers? Perhaps I should do that.
  • Well done, that is great news.
  • Just read the news - congratulations. You must be very talented. Well done and enjoy the writing holiday!
  • First prize ! Fabulous !!!
    Good on you !!!