Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I was bottom of the bill this weekend!

edited June 2008 in - Writing Tales
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I had a brief stint this weekend performing some of my poems at the Beverley Folk Festival. I was in the late-night tent, where many of the main-stage musicians and performers come to give short informal concerts at the end of the day, but which also housed the late bar, so I had about 200 rowdy folkies trying to drown me out! But a substantial audience stayed around, they seemed to be giving me their full attention, and even laughed in the right places. Not bad for 1 o'clock in the morning.

I had to get up and perform right after Rachel Unthank, who is the up-and-coming folkie of the moment, so I had a hard act to follow - but she was very nice to me :)

The best part was that I was actually on the listing for the night's entertainment. I was bottom of the bill! It's fantastic, I've never been *on* the bill before - it's the first time I've been an invited performer anywhere - so bottom of the bill was a great thrill!

Comments