Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Historical Novel Society reviews

edited November 2008 in - Writing Tales
Just a couple minutes ago I decided to check whether the November online reviews were up at the Historical Novel Society. I submitted my novel, Hitler and Mars Bars, back in June and I'd begun to think that they didn't have space to review it. So I was delighted when I went into the online reviews and it's in this month! Yeah! If anyone wants to see the review it's at

www.historicalnovelsociety.org/hnr-online.htm

I've submitted the novel to lots of places to have it reviewed but that was one place that I really wanted it to be reviewed so I'm really pleased.

Comments

• Well done! But I still don't understand the Mars Bars reference.
  • Well done.
  • Congratulations.
    I'll have a look when I've a little more time later in the week.
  • Congratulations! :)
  • Thanks! Jay, 'mars bars' refers to an incident in the book where my main character is caught eating a chocolate bar in school. It's a rather amusing scene. 'Hitler' refers to another incident at school where my main character rather cheekily threatens to get Hitler after the local policeman. Erich, my main character, is often an irrepressible child!